BVI Platinum News is inviting applications for the post of full time Editor.
Editor Job Responsibilities
- Manages our journalists and is responsible for curating fresh, relevant, and informative content.
- Directs creation of new content and determines when and how to re-surface prior work during relevant news.
- Helps the journalists craft and refine ideas, cultivate sources, report, and write articles on a daily basis.
- Oversees social media, graphics, and a web production.
- Collaborates closely with the journalists for investigations.
- Brainstorms new stories, series, concepts, themes, and formats as needed.
- Strong editorial background and proofreading skills
- Experience adhering to editorial and technical style guides
- Oral and written communication
- Able to exert indirect authority to deliver results
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle
- Must be proficient in using MS Word and Excel, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
BVIslanders or Belongers preferred.
Please email applications, accompanied by a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Tortola, BVI
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Career Level: Experienced
Date Posted: 5 Nov. 2021