Date of Last Revision: April 30, 2015
We Are Concerned About Privacy
Information Collection and Use
Two types of information may be collected when you visit our web sites, information that you knowingly provide us (called personally identifiable information), and information that is obtained from your visit but is not directly associated with you (called non-personally identifiable information).
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information may include information that you provide to us by requesting information, when opening an account. This may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, organization, city, state and zip code, and whether it is for personal or business use. We may use this information, to process your request, to contact you about the status of your request, to contact you with answers to your questions, or to provide information about new and exciting services, promotions and corporate-related information. We may use mailings, telephone calls and e-mail to contact you.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-personally identifiable information is collected without any direct association with you specifically. In the normal course of using a Virgin Islands Platinum News web site, we may collect information about your habits and usage of our sites. Our web sites may contain technologies known as action tags, web beacons or 1x1 pixel gifs. These employ a common internet technique used to compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, common navigation paths within the sites, types of browsers and platforms that access the sites and the average connection speeds used to connect to the sites. This information is used to enhance the online experience of our viewers. These technologies do not use or collect personally identifiable information, such as names or address, and do not link online actions to an identifiable person. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you are using the Internet. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. Virgin Islands Platinum News collects IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, to report aggregated information and to audit the use of our site. If we are required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or subpoena, we will provide these IP addresses to the proper authorities.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Information about you specifically will not be used for any purpose other than to carry out the services you requested from Virgin Islands Platinum News and its affiliates.
- We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone at any time.
- We will not use any personal information beyond what is necessary to assist us in delivering to you the services you have requested. We will send personally identifiable information about you to other organizations when:
- We have your consent to share the information (you will be provided the opportunity to opt-out if you desire).
- We need to share your information in order to provide the service you have requested.
- We are required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or subpoena.
Links To And From Virgin Islands Platinum
News Web Sites